We recommend the Spring Creek Wall Mount Storage Brackets as an affordable and convenient canoe rack system for indoor or outdoor storage.
These are the instructions included with the canoe rack package.
- Set of Racks
- Lag Bolts
1. Select a location for your racks
- There is no set distance apart that your racks need to be placed, but take into consideration what you will be storing on the racks. For canoe/kayaks, a wider boat will need more distance in-between racks.
- Realize the rack will extend 3 feet from the wall when folded down.
- Locate a wall stud
- Place the rack folded down against the wall with the short end of the rack against the wall.
- Using a 3/16" drill bit, drill through the top hole of the rack, roughly 1" deep. This will be your pilot hole.
- Add four washers to each lag bolt and insert bolt into the rack hole. The purpose for the washers is to prevent collapsing of the rack tube when tightening.
- Pound the lag bolt to start, then tighten bolt using a 7/16" wrench.
- Repeat steps above for every hole.
- When not in use, simply raise the racks to save space.
*If installing on a cement or block wall, you can purchase 1/4" cement anchors from your local hardware store and attach as the directions states.